Missouri Prairie Foundation and Grow Native! Administrative & Outreach Assistant
Full-time (40 hours a week), salaried position, the duties of which involve managing data and occasional event preparation and participation for the Missouri Prairie Foundation, which is a nonprofit land trust, and its Grow Native! program. Work from a home office. Located preferably in Columbia, Missouri. The Missouri Prairie Foundation (MPF) will also consider applicant(s) wishing to work ¾-time (30 hours a week). This position will be directly supervised by MPF’s Director of Administrative Operations & Member Engagement and will work as part of a team composed of the MPF Executive Director, Director of Prairie Management, Director of Administrative Operations & Member Engagement, board members, and volunteers.
Due to duties including working with the public, MPF requests that the selected candidate be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of such vaccination upon hire. The organization will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons.
Annual Full-time Salary:
$38,500 plus benefits listed below. MPF will provide computer and other items necessary to perform work. (Salary for 3/4 time is $28,860).
Full time: $2,400 a year health care stipend; maximum two weeks pay for jury duty; paid holidays (after 30 days of service); after one year of employment, paid vacation and eligibility to participate in MPF’s SIMPLE IRA with an MPF 3% match.
3/4 quarter time: $2,400 a year health care stipend, maximum two weeks pay for jury duty; paid holidays (after 30 days of service); after one year of employment, paid vacation.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Working with the Little Green Light donor management system to approve donations and event registrations, edit and organize submissions, and generate and send electronic acknowledgement letters
– Receiving and distributing MPF postal mail from Columbia P.O. box via postal service and electronically as appropriate. (If located in the Columbia area.)
– Mailing outreach and membership materials.
– Website management including posting events and news releases, editing web pages, and maintaining the native plant database.
– Posting content to various social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest)
– Coordinating updates of annual Grow Native! Resource Guide with Director of Administrative Operations & Member Engagement
– Organizing and staffing live and virtual booths at events such as Earth Day, community events, etc. and securing volunteers to help at such events and prairie volunteer workdays; tracking volunteer hours.
– Certain fundraising aspects of events, such as securing event sponsorships and procuring silent auction items.
– Carrying out various administration and clerical tasks including creating name tags for events, etc.
– Assisting with fundraising and outreach events such as annual dinner and staffing booths at conferences.
– Occasional travel in Missouri or elsewhere in the lower Midwest to meet with other staff, and to events. (MPF reimburses travel expenses.)
– Ordering, invoicing, and fulfillment of Grow Native! plant tags to approximately 10-15 professional members
– Managing Square store and fulfillment of MPF/Grow Native! Gift Shop orders
– Storing merchandise, outreach/display materials, and/or plant tags or traveling to storage locations for these items
– Willingness to flex time on occasion
– Other duties as assigned
Degree in communications, journalism, marketing, biology, natural resource planning, horticulture; or, if degree is in a different field, equivalent on-the-job experience.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Excellent writing, editing, speaking, organizational, and fact-finding skills are critical. Must express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Must have excellent and self-reliant knowledge of Google documents/sheets, social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), email systems, and be proficient in Google storage protocols. Must be proficient in or willing to learn website software (WordPress and Divi), Canva, donor management system (Little Green Light), and other software as needed. Ability to take initiative, work autonomously, meet deadlines, and work within the organizational structure and culture of MPF is essential. Effective interpersonal communication skills and ability to work in small groups are very important. Must have ability and means to travel around the Missouri Prairie Foundation/Grow Native! region as the job requires. Must have the ability to lift objects in the normal course of completing job requirements. Knowledge and experience with nonprofit administration, project management, sales, public relations, conservation, botany, gardening, landscaping, and photography are pluses.
Core Competencies and Special Ability Requirements
Must have ability to:
– Accept all responsibilities of the job and assigned tasks.
– Accept change, new information, and carry out agreed-upon plans.
– Work independently with self-motivation and willingness to learn.
– Define a problem, analyze relevant information, and develop solutions and plans to solve the problem.
– Develop and sustain cooperative working relationships and possess willingness to communicate concerns.
– Demonstrate technical proficiency in areas of responsibility.
– Create and sustain an atmosphere in which timely, quality information flows between self and others, and express facts and ideas in a convincing manner whether one-on-one or within or before groups.
– Take a long-term view of the MPF’s direction and articulate a vision within daily work that integrates key program goals, priorities, values, and other factors.
– Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance and document work accomplishments.
– Must be bondable.
To apply for this position, please send the following information so it is received no later than August 27, 2021 to
Director of Administrative Operations & Member Engagement
1. Résumé, including at least three references, summary of education and work experience.
2. Examples of similar work performed in the past.
Questions welcomed. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-843-6739.