Please join us at MPF’s Lordi Marker Prairie in Pettis County, 14 miles south of Sedalia, MO.
- 2:00 p.m.-2:45 p.m. & 3:00 p.m.-3:45 p.m. Guided hikes with Missouri Prairie Foundation Vice President of Science & Management Bruce Schuette and Director of Prairie Management Jerod Huebner
- 4:00 p.m. Dedication of Lordi Marker Prairie, under a tent
- 4:45 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Annual Member meeting: members vote for director nominees
- 5:00 p.m. Social hour with complimentary wine, beer, and soft drinks & silent auction. Beer and wine sponsored by David and Judy Young.
- 6:00 p.m. Barbecue dinner: Pulled pork, brisket, potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, dessert. Members: $15 (12 & under: $12); Non-members: $20. Entrée salad with plant-based protein available upon request for $15. We aim for this to be a zero-waste event, with compostable and/or recyclable dinnerware.
Enjoy this free event (except for optional dinner) with dedication and walking tours of the prairie; complimentary beverages; silent auction; and optional, ticketed dinner. Free tent camping on the prairie. Donations to support our prairie conservation work are always very welcome and very much appreciated!
We will be taking social-distancing precautions at the event with everyone’s health in mind.
Register for this free event here by September 24.
DIRECTIONS: Lordi Marker Prairie is located in Pettis County on NW 101 Road, about 14 miles south of Sedalia. From Highway 65, take Highway 52 west 1 mile to Hoffman Road (NW 101 Road). Park where indicated. Coordinates: 38.535412, -93.290527
Photo by Walter Moser