Due to very wet conditions at Snowball Hill Prairie and the very strong likelihood of rain/thunderstorms throughout much of the day tomorrow (Saturday, May 22) the Plein Air Painting Event committee made the decision to postpone the event till Saturday, May 29. Be sure to check this website Friday, May 28, for confirmation that favorable weather conditions will allow the event to proceed on Saturday, May 29.
Second Annual Plein Air Painting Event
Saturday, May 22, 2021, Dawn to Dusk
At Missouri Prairie Foundation’s Snowball Hill Prairie
20002 E 275th Street • Harrisonville, MO
Park in parking lot at entrance
Prairie is accessible by foot
You are invited to spend the day visiting Snowball Hill Prairie with your camera, brushes, and canvas. Pack up your favorite art medium supplies and camera, along with a non-disposable container of water and snack, and come to enjoy learning about and painting on this incredible, 20-acre original native prairie.
NO FEES TO PARTICIPATE • Rain date: May 29, 2021
Included in Event:
• Interpretive hikes at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
• Tables featuring information about
– native prairie, the Missouri Prairie Foundation & its Grow Native! program
– Missouri Master Naturalists
– Harrisonville Fine Art Association
• All ages are welcome.
• Dress for outdoor adventure with appropriate shoes and clothing.
•To respect the Prairie…Everything brought in must be taken out…thank you
• No restrooms available on site.
• Lots of space to follow public health social distancing guidelines.
If you have questions or concerns, please call Doris Sherrick: 816-716-9159 or Patsy Albers: 816-213-3565
Photo: Painting by Alex Hamil from 2020’s Plein Air event at Snowball Hill.